Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Five Points HT, a Cavalor party, and good friends

It was another fun weekend down at CHP for the Five Points horse trials. We all arrived Friday afternoon to set up, walk courses, and get ready for the weekend. It was a very busy, with 9 students and myself riding. Lucky for me Chuck was there to help with everything, mainly our amazing little girl Hailey. He did scoot off for a night of ECU football with friends, and had a blast. I need to thank my friend Jane Murray for all the hours of babysitting during the event. She was a HUGE help, and I could not have done it without her. It was also great to hang out with Karen O'Connor, Max Cockran, and Shannon Kinsley, all of whom I have not seen in quite a while. These ladies are always entertaining to say the least, and they did not disappoint. Unfortunately, they do cut into my much needed sleep schedule!

I want to congratulate all my students on a super show. This spring I have become so fortunate to have people in the program who are true team players. What I mean by this is, people who really support each other and want others to succeed. Seeing everyone ringside supporting one another is important. It is the glue to a solid team. One of my favorite sayings is, "there is no "I" in team". And I want to thank all my students for understanding and believing in that.

Another fabulous part of the weekend was Cavalor's Saturday afternoon champagne and chocolate party. Anna Studenny came all weekend to answer questions about the company and it's products. I was also on hand to offer first hand experiences with Cavalor, and talk about all the positive effects it has had on the health of my horses. The gathering was well received, and people seemed to really enjoy the get together.

So without further ado, congrats to the following:

Carrie Parker 10th BN
Hailey's Comet 5th ON (our young horse)
Diana Abernethy 1st NR
Maxine Preston 12th TR
Kim Rushton 1st TR
Eliza Granger 21st TR
Britney Alston 14th TR
Cindy Deporter 23rd TR
Lexy Pingree 5th PR

1 comment: